Sunday, April 4, 2010

Artist # 14 Yoshichika Takagi

I came across this artist in another blog I was looking at. You can look at it here. Takagi's big project was "House K," a house in Japan. I've never seen a house designed in the way this one is, but I really like it. I honestly don't know if I would ever live in a house like this, but I always like looking at them. It's a little too "wooden" for me.




I couldn't find out a lot about this artist, but I would still consider him/her? one. Yoschichika attended Hokkai-Gakuen University and Architectural Association School of Architecture. I found this from the website and their blog. This person looks like this house was their first big thing they accomplished and it's getting recognized all over the world, so i'm sure we'll see more work from him.

He is definitely a minimalist. His house is minimalist and some other works that came up on google images are minimalism pieces, such as these:


Because there's not a whole lot of information about this artist, i'm not even 100% that these pictures are his work because they are from google images. They're all I could find though and so I'm hoping they're right. I enjoy this type of art much better than say Anish Kapoor's. I like architecture and definitely consider it art because you're making conscious decisions about where you're placing things and how it looks in the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment