Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Europe

Because we're coming up on spring break, and i'm not going anywhere I thought I would talk about a previous spring break trip. My mom and I had wanted to go to Europe for a long time and she told each of my siblings and I that we could have one trip that she would take us on anywhere we wanted. I chose Paris and Rome. It was spring break of my senior year in high school. My boyfriend and his mom actually planned to go with us as well. We did separate trips, but met up in Rome and Paris. It was pretty amazing. I'm almost a little disappointed now, because then I didn't know too much about any of the art there and so I saw everything, but it didn't mean a whole lot to me. Now, through art history and other classes i've learned about everything I've already seen, or probably saw and didn't even know and I want the chance to go back to see it again.
Anyways, first we went to Rome. We went to the Colosseum,
the Vatican,
the Pantheon,
the Trevi fountain,and I can't remember what else. Those were the main spots. We were only on vacation for about a week 1/2 so we had to split our time. We walked everywhere, even when it was pouring down rain, which it pretty much was the whole time in Rome.
We went on a tour through the Vatican and the Colosseum. The Vatican is absolutely insane. There is so much detail throughout the whole thing. My picture from inside the Sistine Chapel is actually not allowed, but I had to snap a shot! After the tour I, and everyone else was exhausted. You look at sooo much stuff and soo much detail that you're literally worn out by the end. The Colosseum was cool, but not one of the highlights of the trip.
I could honestly talk about this trip for a really long time, but I won't go into detail. It's getting hard for me to remember how long we stayed in Rome and exactly what we did. I believe we were there for about four days. I have my journal somewhere that I wrote in so I wouldn't forget this stuff, but I'm not sure where that is at the moment. We were in Rome on Easter Sunday, which was kind of a bummer because a lot of things were closed so we just hung around the city around our bed and breakfast. Monday my mom and I flew off to Paris and left Cole and his mom in Rome for a few more days.

No comments:

Post a Comment