Thursday, March 11, 2010

Japanese Student Work

Some of the Japanese students who are visiting have a display of their work on the second floor of the library. I walked up and was expecting a room or something to display the work, but it's right in the hallway. At first I walked right past it, then noticed there were pictures up on the wall. There was also a weird "sculpture" (i'm not sure what to call it) set up before the hallway. It was what look like some kind of mop sculpted hanging on the wall, then I think there was a chair or a desk with the legs painted pink with a little tv painted pink and a pink cord plugged into the wall. I didn't get it at all.

I really liked the drawings. If I remember right there were two series of faces. Both done by Takeda Hiroki, with no title. It said they were done with watercolor pen. They are drawings of different faces making different expressions, but because of the watercolor, they are done with color. It gave them a really cool effect. They were all very realistic, but colorful. All of them had some kind of nature incorporated into them as well. The first series had vines or something like that with heart shaped leaves I think. That's what I saw anyways. The second series all had a small flower somewhere on the face. I really liked the one with the flower on the tongue. I have never seen drawings like those using the color so I really liked it.

No comments:

Post a Comment