Sunday, April 11, 2010

Artist # 17 Ann Hamilton

Ann Hamilton seems to work with multiples. In many of her works I see that she used multiples of the object. In her piece, Indigo Blue she used blue cotton clothing. It makes sense because in jeans there is a wash named Indigo. I'm guessing it's the same, but maybe not.

I couldn't find the name or really any information on this:


Ann Hamilton is known for her installations, so i'm guessing that this is some kind of instillation that you can walk through. (Kind of obvious with a picture of a person walking through it). It looks like the windows have a pink film over them to give a pink glow throughout the room. This piece is in a large long, rectangular shaped room with these windows lining the whole thing. I'm not really sure what her intention of it was, but I like that it's interactive with the viewers.



This photograph is apart of her "untitled (body object series)" She has a series of pictures of herself interacting with everyday objects. She attaches the objects to some part of her body and photographs it. It then looks like she has grown this object from her body, or that the object has grown a body.



This last image is titled The image is Still.
It's suspended charcoal hung by thread with a video image to go with it. Other than that little bit of information I couldn't find anything else on this. I'm trying to figure out why it's titled that, but i'm not getting anything. Maybe it all ties together with the video. Again she used multiples of charcoal here. It catches my eye because of that. I think I would need to see Ann Hamilton's work in person to really understand it and enjoy it.

No comments:

Post a Comment