Sunday, April 11, 2010

Museum Project

I've been trying to think of ideas for our last project, and have one so far, but it's not complete yet.

I was really confused when we were first given this project. I didn't understand if the whole class was working on one project together or if we're all doing our own displays or what. It wasn't until class on Thursday that I, and I think everyone else, really understood what we were doing.

I like that we can collaborate with other students. I think that will help a lot because it was really overwhelming when we first received the assignment. It would be a lot of work to do something on your own. It's also kind of a bummer for those whose proposals aren't chosen, because then you might get stuck working on a project that you don't like or care about.

I need to have my idea more thought out by Tuesday, but right now i'm thinking about doing something with women. I want to do something that shows the world view on women. How we are perceived, what guys think about girls/women, the images that we see of women and what young girls strive to be. I'm not sure of the exact things I want yet, so it's still very broad. I also don't know exactly how I would set this up. I could use quotes, interviews, pictures from magazines, the internet, etc. I was also thinking about eating disorders because that can tie in with female imagery and I know someone close to me who has an eating disorder and that the ratio is about 1 in 3 girls will struggle with an eating disorder. It's so sad and I think much of it comes from the images that we see and the expectations woman feel they need to live up to. I was also thinking about doing more of a historical take on it. Kind of like the changes that woman have had on history, famous women, and how they looked, to show that many of the woman who made the big changes in our world were not these perfect looking people.

I'll keep thinking and developing my idea for class on Tuesday. Honestly I don't think anyone would really want to go with this idea because it is just about women and there are many males in the class who probably wouldn't want to go with this idea. Also everyone else has their own ideas too, so we'll see!

No comments:

Post a Comment