Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Napkins

Our group got together last Thursday to talk about where we're going with it and what we need to do. At that time there wasn't really anything we could do besides try to come up with different drinks to use for the display. The original three girls who came up with the idea want to use 40 napkins and to try to use as many different drinks as possible. At first I was kind of annoyed that I joined this group because if we didn't have enough they said we would just split up the drinks and buy them to use. I really don't like having to buy stuff for this class and I already had to for the other projects. I kind of wished I joined a group that wouldn't cost any money. Especially when I know it's just going to get thrown away afterwards.

This is a diagram of our instillation:


The plan was to have maybe red velvet fabric or something hanging up with the napkins pinned to that. The look we're going for is formal museum. I didn't think that red velvet really says formal museum. We went to the fabric store and picked out a black satin instead. I think that will look good with the napkins on top. I think it will tie everything together nicely instead of red. Yesterday after class we all went out buying the supplies. We purchased our fabric, found the right size of napkins, and pins. Now all we have to do is make the stains of the drinks on the napkins, make the labels and pin everything up. I think it will go pretty smoothly. Keeping the fabric up might be a little tricky, but i'm sure we can handle it.

No comments:

Post a Comment