Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Artist # 26 Azul De Corso

Azul De Corso is a freelance artist, graphic designer and illustrator. I love his work. I first saw this peacock and was hooked.



I love the colors. I also like how his pictures are made up of small designs and shapes. It makes it really beautiful. It's also very detailed. His work is very crisp and clean. He's done projects for many different big names such as MTV, VH1, WIRED Magazine, etc. Azul De Corso is definitely someone I can look up to as a graphic designer. (I found all of this from this website).





His work comes off as looking simple, but yet so complicated when you really look closely. He takes the basic things found in each animal, or whatever it is he's duplicating and then adds in all the detail. For example, to make the iguana to look like an iguana, he has the shapes for the scales running along the back, the, the tongue, the little gill or whatever that is, etc. Then by the shapes he uses and the direction the shapes are in he can fill in the area to make the shape of the iguana. He doesn't just use random colors either. It looks like he uses just every color and makes it colorful, but depending on the picture, the colors matter. The octopus is using a variety of browns while the iguana is using greens, blues and pinks.

I'm really glad I found this artist because I love looking at his work. I think he's very talented and it shows in the companies that hire him.

No comments:

Post a Comment