Wednesday, February 10, 2010

February 10, Randomness

So this entry is going to be just a lot of random thoughts and pictures. Today I was eating a kiwi, which I love, and I always cut them in half first. While I was scooping out the halves I was looking at it and realized how much I like how kiwis look. They're so pretty, and natural. I think that nature and it's natural beauty is so wonderful. I love the color of the green with the little white circle and black little seeds surrounding it. Here are a few pictures from google images that I like.



Aren't they pretty? I love the colors, and they're a little transparent when sliced. I never would have thought I would be examining kiwi like this, but hey i'm an art student!

Awhile ago I talked about the drawing I had to do for another class. I had to copy another drawing and I said I would put them up here, so here they are. The original first, then my copy, obviously.


I wasn't very happy with how my drawing turned out. We could only do a line drawing, so it looks off just because I couldn't add in the value. I couldn't get the head shaped right for some reason and couldn't figure out how to make it better without completely starting over. I had also put way too much time into it by the time I realized it was off to start over. If I would have tried to erase it all I would have had even more eraser lines than I already do have. I have to turn this in today along with other drawings. I'm nervous to see how he's going to grade us and what kind of grade i'll get. The thing about this class is that everyone is on different levels and so I think it would be really hard to grade consistently. He said that he will grade by how much we improve over time and follow the assignments, etc. I just finished a couple of the drawings and have that class tonight. It's really hard to spend a lot of time drawing during the day, then have to go to class and sit and draw for another 2+ hours. It gets tiring, and draining just sitting and drawing for so long. I do like that we have freedom as to what we draw. We can bring in our own objects, or choose from the cabinets filled with odds and ends. Every once in awhile we'll have to draw the same thing, such as a self portrait..yikes!

My roommate got this little card from a magazine and I really liked it. It's another very random picture that i'm going to put on here.
I like the branches and the leaves a lot. The birds are okay, but oddly not what I was attracted to. I do like them, but mainly just the look of the tree. It's a cute little valentine picture, which is coming up this weekend. I'm so excited because i'll be somewhere in the middle of the Caribbean Sea! I seriously cannot wait, i'm so antsy to leave! I am also getting stressed thinking about everything I have to do for school and little things to get ready before I leave. It's a bummer that we're going during school, but kind of a blessing at the same time. It will be really nice to have a break and get away, then have spring break about a month later. I feel so blessed to be able to travel to the places i've been, and barely have costed me anything. This trip is free for me! When and how does that happen!? Anyways because i'm going to be gone next week, I won't be able to blog because I won't have internet. I was thinking I'll just write everything down whenever I can and date it that way and take pictures then upload it all when I get back. Hopefully that will count as next weeks entries.

No comments:

Post a Comment