Sunday, February 21, 2010

Paradise-Aqua Hotel

Although I had never been on a cruise and was really excited to go, I was also really excited to go to Cancun. I had never been there either. Our flights went smoothly and we landed in Cancun on time. It was pouring rain when we got there, but it was okay because it was in the evening and we wouldn't really be able to do anything outside anyways. The minute we walked into our hotel I was blown away. It was absolutely incredible and I never imagined staying somewhere so beautiful. Our hotel was the Fiesta Americana Aqua.
This is the back of the hotel:

and this is the front:


Every room has a balcony with the view of the clear blue ocean. The rooms were amazing too. Really nice, and the view was breath taking. I took tons of pictures. Here are a few:





We started our first full day off eating breakfast in a room that also has a beautiful view of the ocean.
The windows look out over the pools and the ocean below them. The breakfast was also amazing. There's a huge buffet, but not like continental breakfasts at most hotels. This buffet was pretty much gourmet. It was pretty cloudy outside but we still decided to go down to the beach after eating. We walked along the water and then the sun began to come out! The water looked pretty cool against the dark clouds.


To get down to the water there is a little cliff of sand. In the wall there are shells everywhere. I took some pictures, and liked this one. I like the detail of the sand with the colors of the water and sky in the background.


For some reason my boyfriend and I were very stupid and didn't bring sunscreen, or buy any to put on. It was cloudy with spots of sun for awhile, but still really warm and we thought we would be fine without any sunscreen. After awhile all the clouds were gone and it was just clear blue sky. We spent the whole afternoon out on the beach until it was dark. We did end up putting sunscreen on later in the afternoon, but it must not have helped because we got burnt crisp. It was the worst burn I have ever had. We both usually don't burn in the sun, or if we do it will be gone by the next day. So this burn was so incredibly painful I couldn't stand it. We had to get tylenol because the pain was so bad I couldn't sleep, and it hurt to do anything else. I was so mad at myself for that first day because it ruined our time in the sun for the rest of the trip. I spent my time with clothes on and in the shade. Today is Sunday, I got burnt on Tuesday and I am still burnt. My chest is still bright red, and i'm just now starting to peel..it's gross. It definitely taught me to never not wear sunscreen again! (or at least go tanning before like our friends did).

No comments:

Post a Comment