Monday, March 29, 2010

Come Back

My roommate told me about this book that I should read titled: Come Back by Claire and Mia Fontaine. She said some parts were really sad and hard to read, but the end is so good it makes it all worth it. I decided I would read it, since I don't read much. It's about a mother and the struggles between her and her daughter who decided to get into the drug world.

I started it last night and read about five chapters until I had to go to sleep. Some parts were pretty disturbing and almost made me feel a little sick thinking about it, but at the same time I wanted to keep reading to see what was going to happen. I like those kinds of books, otherwise I'll put it down and won't pick it back up for awhile. This mother and daughter have had a crazy life and I know it just gets crazier as the story goes on. Mia, the daughter, was sexually abused as a child by her crazy father. Claire, the mother, married this guy who turned out to be a complete psycho. He would walk around naked all the time and read to his daughter in bed naked... this was the beginning of small signs that Claire began to pick up on that something wasn't right. He would say comments like why is child molestation so bad? Or children should be able to experience everything an adult does whenever they want. This guy was really messed up. He would go on rages and threaten to kill Claire, then be fine the next day. When Claire would go to the authorities, they wouldn't do anything. It took a long time to finally be free from this guy.

I haven't gotten too far into the story, but it's already been pretty crazy and it says that it gets worse. The daughter grew up having a good relationship with her mom, then one night just left. She wanted to experience the world-meaning drugs. Their whole lives changed that night.

I'm excited to read the rest, but at the same time I know I'm going to be reading more stuff that I won't like reading. I'll trust my roommate though and know that the end will make up for everything! It's just that anything that has to do with pedophiles, or child molestation of any kind makes me sick. So I hope there's no more of that!

No comments:

Post a Comment