Sunday, January 31, 2010

January 31

For my drawing class we were assigned to chose a drawing by a well-known artist and try to replicate it as closely as possible. It's meant to just be a line drawing, because that's what we've learned so far. I didn't have any artists in mind so I just went to the library and started looking through different artists. I honestly didn't know how many book there were on art at the library! There's tons of different kinds of books, it was pretty interesting. Anyways I finally found one that I thought I would be able to replicate. (That was the main decision factor, not what it looked like really, or the subject matter). I decided on a drawing by Van Gogh. It doesn't look like his style really, but it's in his drawing book and you can slightly read his name signed below it. It's a picture of a dog in an attack stance and looks like it's growling. I couldn't find the picture online because I don't think it's one of his popular drawings, and he mostly did paintings..(I think). That's what I know him from anyways. I also didn't have time to upload the picture right now, but maybe I will upload his and mine later on. I started the drawing tonight, and the final one is due tomorrow night at my class. I'm a bit of a procrastinator. I pretty much always have been. I don't think that I'm as bad as others, but if I have extra time I tend to wait until the day before it's due for some reason. It's never caused my grades to hurt though, so I figure it's okay. That's all I can think of to write about right now. Other than how I need to start doing my artists pages. I'll get to those this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment