Friday, February 5, 2010

February 5

The other night I was walking back to my car from my night class and I really wish I would have had my camera. The sky was really light and had a pink tint to it. I park in the park so as I was walking to my car the trees agains the sky looked really pretty. I liked the dead branches and the shapes up against the color. The next night it was like that again, but the sky wasn't as pink.

I was looking at flickr again and found some pictures that I liked.


I thought this picture was kind of funny, and I recognized it was Ron Meuck's work, which we looked at in class. I had never heard or seen of his work before so I thought it was cool to see it on here.


I really like the motion of whatever this is and the colors. It looks like something that could have worked for our assignment that's due on Tuesday. I wanted to put it in here just in case it could work for anything else during the semester.


I just like the wallpaper here. I like patterns like this one and also thought it might come up later.


Last I have this sunset because I love sunsets. :) I liked the colors in this particular one with the grass and the water. When I was younger I was talking to my friend and said, "if I could have a job that had to do with sunsets I would love it!" and she always makes fun of me for that. I just love the colors and the peacefulness of them. They make me feel good. Also the fact that they only last for so long, you can't sit and stare forever because it disappears, makes me want to see it even more.

In class yesterday we were given our new assignment. While she was talking I instantly had an idea, but I'm not sure if it's the one i'll go with since it's my first. I thought of making a "pillow" out of marshmallows. Because marshmallows are light and fluffy, I thought I could change the meaning I guess into a pillow. I'm not sure if that's the right way to word that or not. I don't think I would melt them and form it that way, I would just glue them together to make a pillow. Desirably I would want it to be life-size, but it depends how many marshmallows I would have to use for that. They're already white so that works too. I'm just not sure if this really fulfills the assignment. We didn't talk about it very much, so i'll learn more about it next week. As far as the assignment that's due on tuesday, I am getting closer to being done. I still have to add some more wires and then connect the sides together so it will stand up. Then I have to add my skin, which I think i'm using plastic wrap. I haven't decided if I want a colored wrap or just clear though. I also wanted to maybe add a base, or if I feel it should hang I might do that. I like it because it was meant to have an outline, but not a set plan so I can do what I feel needs to be done as I go. If one thing doesn't work out, then i'll do another. I also have to write my artist statement, but I will have it all done by Tuesday!

This journaling overwhelms me a little bit because i've never really been one to write in a journal. I'm not to the point where I like doing it yet, so it's hard to get it all done. I really need to do more artists since we have to have 30 of them and I have one so far. It just becomes a lot to journal, do the artists, do extra credit, and do the actual assignment on top of all my other classes. I've been writing here for at least 30 minutes so I better get on to the rest of stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment