Sunday, January 31, 2010

January 31

I've been counting Sundays as part of the previous week, even though technically Sunday is the first day of the week. To me, it just seems like it's the end of the school week, and Monday is the beginning. So for the journal sake, can we count Sunday posts as being part of the previous week please? That's how I have it in my head and until I get more into the rhythm of writing in here, it will probably stay that way.

As far as a few things that inspire me...which are probably much different than what inspire other people, are bible versus and right now the book i'm reading. One verse that is on a little plaque in my bathroom that inspires me says, "For I know the plans I have for you," says the Lord. "They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope." -Jeremiah 29:11
I might feel a little uncertain at times and just read that and realize, okay I can do this. I'm also reading this book titled, More Than a Carpenter. It's about a guy who was a skeptic about Christianity and always didn't like them, but then was challenged to find out whether or not the bible contains accurate pieces of historical records of Jesus' life. The author of the book, Josh McDowell, was studying to be a lawyer and took a break from school to pursue this because he really wanted to know. The book is just about what he found out, which it was very accurate. It's kind of weird that this inspires me, I mean it's a good story, but I think most people wouldn't say it's really inspiring. It is to me because this man had a yearning, or a desire to know something and he went out and found it and it changed his life. Just reading the book could change people's lives. It's not an inspiring story specific to art, but just to life in general, which school, and this art class fall into that category. I've had a rough week and so right now all I can think to write about is these things that can inspire me and lift my spirits. :) (Don't worry, that's as personal as I'll go, so it's not weird).

On a different note, I'm so happy that it snowed some today! It's so pretty when it's snowing outside. I love the way the snow looks falling, especially at night.


I love the contrast of the white snow against the dark sky, but I especially love when the sky is pink at night and bright from all the snow. I'm from Oregon and during the winters we usually got a lot of snow, so i'm used to that and have always loved it. Here, it doesn't snow so much so I like it when it does. It feels more like home.

No comments:

Post a Comment